Skip to content

Cart

Your cart is empty

Article: Gold Vermeil vs. Gold Plating vs. Solid Gold vs. Sterling Silver - Your complete guide to jewelry materials

Gold Vermeil vs. Gold Plating vs. Solid Gold vs. Sterling Silver - Your complete guide to jewelry materials

Gold Vermeil vs. Gold Plating vs. Solid Gold vs. Sterling Silver - Your complete guide to jewelry materials

Bonjour, mes amis! In a world that often feels like a fashion-fueled dream, the jewelry we choose becomes the poetry we wear. As we dive deep into the Dionne Rêve universe, we will be exploring the magic that goes into some of the main materials of the jewelry world—gold vermeil, gold plating, solid gold and sterling silver. Understanding the basic definitions of each is important when choosing your next piece of jewelry so you can decide which material is the best for you and your lifestyle.

 

Gold Vermeil: 

What is Gold Vermeil? Gold vermeil jewelry refers to a high quality material such as pure or sterling silver that has been plated with a thin layer of gold through the process of electroplating, a chemical process that uses an electrical current to bind the two metals together to create a luxurious finish. Vermeil pieces are made with precious metals as a base, such as sterling silver, with heavy plating to ensure long-lasting wear. The result is a jewelry piece that radiates elegance without committing to the price tag of real gold.

 

 

 

Craftsmanship Beyond Compare: Dionne Rêve's Gold Vermeil pieces are a testament to the brand's dedication to meticulous craftsmanship. The thick layer of gold, at least 2.5 microns thick, ensures longevity and a lasting brilliance.

 

Sterling Silver (925): 

At the heart of "925 silver" lies a composition of 92.5% of pure silver. The remaining 7.5% is typically composed of other metals, with copper being a common choice. This alloying process transforms silver into sterling silver, a material celebrated for its beauty and durability.

One of the most recognizable features of sterling silver jewelry is the "925" stamp. This hallmark serves as a universal symbol of authenticity. Whether it’s inside a ring, or discreetly placed on an earring, the "925" is the guarantee of genuine sterling silver.

 

 

  

Elegance in Every Detail: Dionne Rêve's Sterling Silver (925) pieces showcase the brand's commitment to creating jewelry that transcends years to come. Each design is a testament to the brand's dedication to detail.

 

Gold Plating:

Gold plated jewellery contains the least amount of gold amongst all the different types of gold finishes. The main difference is that non-precious or lower quality metals are commonly used as a base. 

 

As you explore the world of jewelry, let the knowledge of materials guide your choices. Embrace the elegance of sterling silver or add a touch of glamour with gold-vermeil pieces. Your jewelry is an expression of your style and personality. 

 

Ready to elevate your collection? Start your journey today and find the perfect pieces that speak to you through the pieces in our collection. Happy styling! 

Leave a comment

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Read more curiosités: